Which bugzilla component?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:09:58 UTC 2010

On 9 September 2010 17:39, John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
> Richard Hughes said the following on 09/08/2010 12:13 PM Pacific Time:
>> This is bad, both from a "your system" perspective, and from a
>> "PackageKit reporting errors to the user" perspective. File a bug
>> against PackageKit-command-not-found and we can debug there.
>>
>> Richard.
>
> I can't reproduce this any more.  Still worth reporting?

I've found the problem, it was a race discovered when adding tests to
the PackageKit self test framework:

commit 2b3c13110a448ab1535716c0944e43a7e945ac98
Author: Richard Hughes <richard at hughsie.com>
Date:   Tue Sep 21 11:06:58 2010 +0100

    Ensure we set an error if the spawned backend gets cancelled

    We can't assume the spawned backend gets a chance to set an error
when we SIGQUIT it
    and so set a generic transaction cancelled error code when before
we send the signal.

    This means we don't trigger the obnoxious internal error when
sometimes cancelling
    transactions, e.g. '...This is a serious error as the spawned
backend did not...' and
    we don't scare the user when there's nothing actually wrong.

Richard.