Fwd: [Fedora Update] [CRITPATH] [old_testing_critpath] mdadm-3.1.3-0.git20100804.2.fc13

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 08:45:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 08:30 +0000, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:16:56 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 21:50 +0200, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> >> threshold after which we could assume that the packager *and* testers
> >> know what they're doing, and approve the update without testing the
> >> affected functionality?
> >
> > We may have to look at something like this if this situation keeps
> > happening.
>
> Another thing I mean to do is to patch fedora-easy-karma to allow people
> to blacklist packages from their update list. Too many people voting 0
> and just say "not tested" right now.
>
> Adam, any idea whether this is a good idea or not? On one hand we want
> people to say "hey, I install this update and my machine still boots"
> because that's at least (slightly) informative. But I wonder how many
> testers we lose by the tedium of seeing the same package over and over
> again (and yet the packages come with the base system and are rather
> tedious to remove -- X drivers, RAID utilities and so on)

I dunno, really, I guess I'm kinda neutral on it. I don't find it that
hard to just hit 's' (which I use for 'skip' an update I don't want to
comment on...), but hey.

Proventesters at least shouldn't file information-free 0 votes, it's in
the proven tester instructions not to. So if you see anyone doing it,
ask them nicely not to :)