VirtualBox-OSE and F14

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 11:05:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 10:54 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:

> I use VirtualBox since years, and there has been no reason for me to
> switch to another virtualization method (I think, others think so too).
> But if there is a tutorial for the usage of Virtual Machine Manager and
> if it's possible to import or use the VirtualBox vdi file (with the OS),
> I'd be interested in trying  Virtual Machine Manager.

It's not very hard. You just install the Virtualization package group,
run virt-manager, and create a VM using the wizard. I think you can
specify an existing .vdi file for the disk image, otherwise you can
convert it with a tool from qemu package (iirc). Make sure vt-d support
is enabled in your BIOS, though.