Fwd: [Fedora Update] [CRITPATH] [old_testing_critpath] mdadm-3.1.3-0.git20100804.2.fc13

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 23 05:47:45 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson <awilliam <at> redhat.com> writes:

> > Adam, any idea whether this is a good idea or not? On one hand we want
> > people to say "hey, I install this update and my machine still boots"
> > because that's at least (slightly) informative. But I wonder how many
> > testers we lose by the tedium of seeing the same package over and over
> > again (and yet the packages come with the base system and are rather
> > tedious to remove -- X drivers, RAID utilities and so on)
>
> I dunno, really, I guess I'm kinda neutral on it. I don't find it that
> hard to just hit 's' (which I use for 'skip' an update I don't want to
> comment on...), but hey.

AFAICT, hitting 's' and Enter is the same as just hitting Enter - either way, if
you immediately rerun f-e-k, you see the update again. I've been using Firefox's
AwesomeBar as a substitute - when I copy and paste each URL into the browser to
look at the Bodhi page, if the AwesomeBar shows a match, I've been there before.