[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Beta RC3 Available Now!

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 07:34:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 03:48:58 -0400, Andre wrote:

> Fedora 14 Beta RC3 is now available [1].

Is this the one that was declared GOLD a day later?

Downloaded the i686 DVD iso yesterday. Installed it onto a multiboot
machine. Custom partitioning. Root on LVM. Boot on primary partition.
Home and Storage with existing partitions.

Installer complained about Device or Resource busy before presenting
the package customisation screen and could not access a repository.
I disabled updates-testing and could install anyway.

When booting this installation, I arrive at gdm's greeter without
any firstboot procedure. No user account is available except root.
Firstboot package is installed, but not added to any runlevel.
What has gone wrong?