Harddisk installation fails

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sat Sep 25 02:27:33 UTC 2010

On 09/24/2010 02:51 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:02:57 -0400
> James Laska wrote:
>
>> Hard drive ISO installs are still available, but, a
>> I understand it, are not the most common installation method given the
>> setup involved.
>
> Hey, the way I look at the setup involved in the hard drive
> install is considerably less than the setup involved in
> actually burning a DVD. Hard drive is certainly my preferred
> install technique.

  Just a 'me too' - and everyone else I know as well ... if its an
existsing linux - then using grub to boot and point install at dir with
iso and expanded images directory ...

  My other preferred way is an NFS install - this requires networking to
work well during boot - which well .. mmm it hasnt always ... :-(

  DVD's are my last choice always.

  gene/