F14 Beta RC3 install from DVD is a world of hurt.

John Watzke watzkej at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 15:22:52 UTC 2010

> Didn't I also see messages about people with USB mice
> not being able to click on buttons and having to use the
> keyboard? Maybe USB is generally busted?

   I doubt it is as broken as that.  There are plenty of USB mice being
used.  I was one of the people reporting the problem with RC2 and mouse
clicks not being registered.  I'm using a trackpoint which isn't USB.  It
also was strangely inconsistent where it would break on the i686 DVD and not
on the x86_64 DVD no matter how many times I tried the disks.

   I unfortunately don't have a DVD drive where I can try this right now but
I did have a strange problem last week with an external DVD drive at work.
I had strange issues like Steven is reporting (it was a Centos DVD not
Fedora).  It would boot the DVD and then say no install media was present.
The machine (a Dell Precision 5500) had multiple sets of USB ports.  I moved
the connection around to another set of USB ports and it worked.  I think
one of the connectors must have been busted in some fashion that caused it
to barely work.

   Steven, does it help if you try different connectors?

   -- John Watzke