The most recent F14 updates damage my system

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 18:46:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:38:51 -0400
Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:

> Any other alternatives?

One thing that might work (but I wouldn't do it until the
only alternative is reinstall from scratch) is to get on
a working linux, download the updated (or downgraded) glibc
rpm, use rpm2cpio to extract the files, then just replace
the .so library files with the ones extracted from the
rpm (while booted via live cd or rescue disk).

Yum would still think you have the busted glibc installed, but
the actual shared libs would now be working versions and
the system might boot.

I'll warn you this is just theory - I haven't tried it.