f14 beta hard disk install still busted

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Sep 30 12:58:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 05:52 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:53:18 +0800
> He Rui wrote:
>
> > Your problem seems similar to the commonbug below:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F14_bugs#Error_setting_up_repository_-_16.2C_Device_busy
>
> The description there implies it is only a fix for multiple iso
> images in the same directory. I've just got the one iso.

At the time the wiki was updated, it was felt that having multiple ISO's
in the directory contributed to the failure you are seeing.  However, we
have seen reports that even a single DVD.iso resulted in bug#627789.

I've yet to reproduce this failure in my Hard Drive ISO installations
using single DVD.iso, multiple CD iso's and mixed CD and netinst.iso
images.  According to the bug report, there is some race condition that
contributes to this failure, which may explain why some hit the problem,
while others do not.

> > There's an updates.img in the link to work around the problem. Does it
> > work for you?
>
> I'll give it a try this evening.

Great, look forward to your feedback with this image :)

Thanks,
James