Unable to boot Fedora 15 Alpha.

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Fri Apr 1 08:57:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Matej Cepl wrote:

> Dne 31.3.2011 23:36, Vamsi Krishna Brahmajosyula napsal(a):
>> please add "selinux=0" as kernel parameter while booting. In earlier
>> cases relabeling worked for me. I haven't tried with the most recent
>> update yet.
>
> Please don't spread bad advice! The correct parameter is enforcing=0. If
> anybody follow your incorrect advice which damaged his SELinux
> labelling, please, run before reboot (as root obviously)

Matej, are you sure, the enforcing=0 works around this? I tried that, and
my system still does not boot. Maybe just a bad luck, but selinux=0
worked. I'm not sure about the root cause of the problem, but maybe the
complete selinux engine needs to be disable to work around it, which is
not what enforcing does.

> fixfiles onboot
>
> Best,
>
> Matěj