since last update system does not boot any more

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Sat Apr 2 08:44:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 21:40 +0200, Adam Pribyl wrote:
>
>> Did you found any way how to force systemd to boot to single-user? So far
>> my installation of F15 with systemd has only one runlevel, I can not
>> switch it - nor with grub option, neither with inittab or init command.
>
> systemd doesn't really use runlevels any more, but it has backward
> compatibility with them; inittab doesn't work (and there's a comment in
> it to this effect), but grub options and 'init' command are supposed to

My inittab still states only that it is for upstart to set runlevel..

> (and have done for me when I've used them). If this isn't working for
> you, please file a bug against systemd.

This is fast moving target... few days ago it was not. Now "init" command
works. Great.

> systemd's native concept is 'targets'; graphical.target is roughly
> equivalent to runlevel 5 and multi-user.target is roughly equivalent to
> runlevel 3. rescue.target is roughly equal to runlevel 1, and there's
> emergency.target that's more or less what it sounds like. IIRC, the
> 'native' kernel parameter you can use to specify a particular target is
> systemd.default , so you could try:

Thanks. Even thou I am aware of this, I'm somehow not used to it, yet. All
those "commands" and parameters are long and hard to remember.

> --
> Adam Williamson

Adam Pribyl