How do I add startup programs in Gnome 3? (Solved), ...

tim.lauridsen at tim.lauridsen at
Sat Apr 2 13:04:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at>wrote:

> Now, I have one remaining issue.  How do we get gdm to autologin?  The
> previous tricks to put in [daemon] section of /etc/gdm/custom.conf do not
> work anymore.  Any insights on that would be appreciated as well.
> Regards,
> Antonio
Have you tried 'My Account' in the right corner menu in gnome3 top panel ?

There is a AutoLogin switch on the user acccount (You have to press the
unlock button first)