F15 and GNOME 3

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue Apr 5 12:11:49 UTC 2011

On 04/05/2011 04:33 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 04/05/2011 08:15 AM, JB wrote:

> No you are actually wrong here Gnome design and any other *DE or spin
> design flaws or praises should be mentioned on their relevant list
> within the project or upstream where all the relevant developers reside
> which can either answer your question(s) and or take note of what you say.
>
> Adam ( or anyone else for that matter ) should not have to play
> messenger and collect feedback to pass to them when you or anyone else
> for that matter can pass your concern directly to them yourself.

  Seems reasonable .. that said:

  It would be appropriate to discuss here which DE fedora should using
... and in so doing comparative benefits and drawbacks to help decide.
Fedora is not (I assume wedded to gnome - its goal is to be the best ...
so if Gnome 3 does not come up to snuff and we have a better alternative
- we should consider a switch.

  [JB gnome 2 is dead - so please stop asking for it here .. its not an
option - fedora follows gnome - and the current version is 3 or will be
soon - if you have a beef with 2 versus 3, adam and johann are righ -
take it to gnome dev]

  So if someone has constructive suggestions of an alternative to Gnome
3 - that should be fair game ...

  But you'd be targetting F16 at this stage of the game ... I would imagine.

  gene/