fallback from gnome-shell to the old desktop not satisfying since some days

Michael Knepher mknepher at bluethingy.com
Tue Apr 5 17:31:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Joachim Backes
<joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> After having applied all updates, I see the following problem:
>
> Switching to the old desktop fallback leads to some problems:
>
> 1. The menus are missing for logging out and restarting

Are you looking for the old "System" menu that was next to
Applications and Places? That's gone, and you should have "Log Out..."
and "Shut Down..." entries in the user menu on the right of the panel.

> 2. No menu controlled way back to gnome-shell: I have to start manually
>   gnome-control-center

"System Settings" should also be in the user menu.

Running latest gnome-panel from updates-testing.