fallback from gnome-shell to the old desktop not satisfying since some days

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Apr 6 06:49:45 UTC 2011

On 04/06/2011 02:05 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi Michael, I'm sorry, but there is no user menu at the right side of
> the panel. Only Applications and Places menu at the panel's left side.

FWIW, I think I saw this issue a few days ago.  I wasn't paying too much
attention to it since my set up has F15-A in a VM and I was having VM
issues....

But, I ended up creating a new user and the menus were in the "correct"
places.  I've not yet had the time to try and figure out the differences
between the old and new user.

Ed