since last update system does not boot any more

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Wed Apr 6 15:06:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-04-05 at 15:21 -0400, Richard Ryniker wrote:
>
>> I should think "3" presents very little problem for internationalization,
>> whereas "multi-user.target" demands translation before it "explains
>> itself" to non-English-speaking users.  Because these are descriptive
>> file names, not just message text, and they are used fairly early in the
>> boot process, I doubt translation is easy.  Feasible, certainly, but
>> messy and therefore unlikely to happen.
>
> This is hardly an issue unique to systemd. Just about everything names
> its files in English.

You are right. The problem with systemd is that those arguments are
filenames, but you can not use "tab" for autocompletition. ATM systemd can
translate "3" to multi-user.target which is OK, but in the future who
knows. Acctualy if I understand the concept right, maybe it is possible to
make symlink 3 -> multi-user.target, and it may work...

> --
> Adam Williamson

Adam Pribyl