Suspend/hibernate on systems that don't suspend/resume or hibernate properly

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:47:53 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 05:04 PM, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> Yes, I know that. What I mean is we don't give end users that option.
> They want a button on the menu, otherwise they won't use it.
>
> Fab

I can't speak for all users but GNOME Tweak Tool does expose the option
and it can be used by end users just fine if they really want
hibernate.   To my understanding,  suspend/resume gets a lot more
testing than hibernate does and I wouldn't advocate exposing it as a
setting in the control panel at this point

Rahul