window title bar background color...

Michael Knepher mknepher at bluethingy.com
Thu Apr 7 18:36:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Rob Healey <robhealey1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I know there has been a lot of messages here lately about Gnome 3, and now I
> would like to ask my question on the same subject...
>
> I would like to know how to configure the color/ font of the windows title
> bar?

There is basic ability to change font size in the Universal Access
settings panel, but its options are limited to four predefined
settings. For finer control of font settings, you can use
gnome-tweak-tool, which is in the F15 repository. Adjusting the font
size for the window title will change the title bar size, fyi.

There is currently no simple way to change colors. I'm not sure when
theming support will be added to gnome-shell (probably as an
extension) but there are some preliminary themes that should work with
the current release at
http://gnome-shell.deviantart.com/gallery/28081982, and you might be
able to get some ideas for tweaking colors and such. My understanding
is that everything is css now, so if you're familiar with that, it
shouldn't be too difficult to experiment, though I think modifications
need to be in /usr/share/gnome-shell/data for now.