Gnome shell corruption

Massimo Gengarelli gengarel at cs.unibo.it
Fri Apr 8 15:53:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 10:57 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> I respect your opinion and all, but I'm pretty sure that's just a bug
> not a missing feature.  To which GL 1.4 feature do you refer?
>
> - ajax

Could be something related to GLX_textures_non_power_of_two; the
screenshot posted by Adam is just showing one of the many bugs that are
lying under the shell: for example Mutter isn't capable of properly
drawing drop shadows around the windows (he just draws some white
textures here and there), the dash shows some ugly white textures where
the small light should be (indicating that the application is opened)
and the workspace switcher flashes while coming out from the right side
in overlay mode.

I'm almost sure it's not a Fedora's bug because I'm running Gnome Shell
successfully on my Asus EeePC 1000H (which has a i915 Intel video card,
capable of running OpenGL 1.4+).

Obviously, I'd like to be wrong on this because I'm really loving the
Shell and I'd like to use it on my Desktop PC too :-P

--
Massimo Gengarelli <gengarel at cs.unibo.it>
According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either,