Gnome shell corruption

Massimo Gengarelli gengarel at cs.unibo.it
Fri Apr 8 20:29:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 21:55 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> pot_textures aren't are hard requirement so yes you are wrong.

Nice to know, but that doesn't change the fact that two new-generation
window managers (Mutter and Compiz with Unity plugin) that are both
lying on OpenGL are showing the same identical bugs on a video card that
can run OpenGL 1.3 while they are running fine on a video card that can
run OpenGL 1.4+.

I could be wrong in stating that the required missing extension is
pot_textures, but I don't think I'm wrong when I say that this is
strictly related to OpenGL.

Probably the missing extensions could be implemented via software
emulation but *for now*, who's not having a combination of video
card/driver which is capable of running OpenGL 1.4+ is not getting
Mutter (and therefore is missing the new Gnome-Shell).

--
Massimo Gengarelli <gengarel at cs.unibo.it>
According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either,