[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Beta RC2 Available Now!

John Keller fedora at johnkeller.com
Mon Apr 11 08:38:13 UTC 2011

On 04/09/2011 02:05 AM, Andre Robatino wrote:
> As per the Fedora 15 schedule [1], Fedora 15 Beta RC2 is now available
> for testing. Please see the following pages for download links and
> testing instructions.

After the Nth time downloading the full DVD ISO instead of netinst (my
bad; I seem to forget which image to use between clean installs) and the
SELinux policies hiccup in f15 beta RC1 vs. RC2, I had a question...

Would it be possible to make full DVD ISO in a similar way to the
netinst or livecd ISOs, so that it can be booted off a USB key easily? I
know it's possible to make a bootable USB by cherry-picking files off
the DVD ISO and running some commands, but it'd be so nice to be able to
do a simple "dd" and reboot. The net install works well, but sometimes
it's better to have all the files local (e.g. to avoid repository sync lag).

Just wondering about the possibility (technically, time-wise) of a
hybrid image.

Looking forward to the final f15 goodness!

- John