some issues with 15 Beta RC2 Live Desktop CD

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 11 08:58:50 UTC 2011

He Rui <rhe <at> redhat.com> writes:

> > 2) In attempting to test
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:TestCases/Install_Source_Live_Image in a VM
> > (both VirtualBox and KVM) there are no desktop icons at all, so in particular
> > it's impossible (or at least not obvious how) to install to hard drive.
>
> In the fallback mode, though there's no 'install to hard drive' icon on
> desktop, it can be found from Applications->System Tools.

Thanks, I was able to complete a test install using this.

I can reproduce the previously mentioned issue with gnome-session-properties and
gnome shell on 2 machines. The simplest way is to log in, open a terminal, run
gnome-session-properties and check the box "remember running applications when
logging out", close the terminal, log out and back in. Nothing appears except
the background, and no obvious way to do anything. If g-s-p isn't supposed to be
used in gnome shell (as opposed to fallback), people need to be warned.