Release Criteria for image sizes

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 19:40:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 13:54 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Monday, April 11, 2011 01:19:05 PM Adam Williamson wrote:

> > > I would say that it be a Beta Criteria.  I think at alpha if they are too
> > > big oh well.  but beta should be much close to GA so should be within
> > > the size limits. the srpms dvd is 5.3G for Alpha, it was 4.9G in F-14
> > > and 4.2G in F-13. and i honestly think that the source dvd should be
> > > excempt from the size restrictions.  since you can not use it to install
> > > a system.
> >
> > it's meant to be - note 'dvd image', singular. I didn't intend to
> > include the sources DVD. do we even generate it for alpha/beta?
> We do generate it for alpha and beta,

In the past, source ISO's have been generated, but only after QA signed
off on a milestone/release.  I don't recall seeing them go through any
testing or criteria asserts.  Do we want to change this and provide
source ISO's alongside current ISO drops?  Or would another mechanism
make more sense?

Thanks,
James