GNOME Shell extensions

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 16:19:14 UTC 2011

> On 04/11/2011 08:59 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> > Nice job.  They are very useful.  My personal preference is not to have
> > the dock extension however. I find it distracting in its current
> > incarnation.
>
> I think it sorts of serves a temporary clutch till you get used to the
> new workflow in GNOME Shell.  The reason that every extension is its own
> sub package is precisely because I don't expect anyone to install all of
> them.

I guess I should leave this here:

nils at gibraltar:~> gsettings get org.gnome.shell disabled-extensions
['dock at gnome-shell-extensions.gnome.org',
'alternate-tab at gnome-shell-extensions.gnome.org']

Hope that helps. One thing that'd be nice if experimental extensions
could be disabled by default and would only be enabled if added to a
hypothetical org.gnome.shell enabled-extensions key.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty