F15 blocker? lvm-monitor of snapshot hangs at reboot/shutdown

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Tue Apr 12 17:18:23 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 11:22 AM, James Laska wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 11:02 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
><snip>
> This seems like a candidate for a NTH for F-15-Final, but from what I
> can tell doesn't meet any beta (or Final) blocker release criteria.
> Unless of course, I'm misunderstanding the failure scenario.
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Beta_Release_Criteria

Yes, you understand correctly.  When this first happened, I nearly went
insane trying to understand why reboot or shutdown was hanging with no
change to systemd units until I realized I had added an LV snapshot for
my /home directory.  A note to the LVM list didn't get any responses
until I pinged them to death and got a reply to take the discussion to
the bz I created.  There it looks like a standoff between systemd and LVM.

I find it hard to believe I am the only person using LV snapshots with F15.

All this said, I can live without the monitoring, but just wonder if
serious use of F15 with snapshots and monitoring exists?  When the F16
cycle starts I am going to experiment with btrfs and snapshots.  Should
be interesting.

--
Regards,
OldFart