Gnome group install is broken!

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 00:16:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 21:57 +0600, Angel wrote:
> Gnome group install (yum install @gnome-desktop) does not install
> Empathy, Evolution, Rhythmbox, default gnome screensaver and gnome
> wallpaper in Fedora 15 latest KDE, which is updated yesterday before
> installing gnome-desktop. And as a result, Gnome Shell does not start,
> after login it returns me to KDM again.

Empathy, evolution and rhythmbox are not part of the gnome-desktop
group. gnome-screensaver and the wallpapers certainly are. We'd need
some more information as to what actually happens (beyond just 'does not
install') to say more. How do you conclude that gnome-shell not starting
is a consequence of your group install problem ?