F15 on KVM/libvirt

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 17:34:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 11:18 -0600, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> Has anybody tested F15 on QEMU/KVM?
>
> I'm trying to install from the F15 alpha DVD on KVM virtual machine I manage
> through libvirt. I can boot and install F14 on this exact VM, but with F15 I
> get the initial menu, and when I hit enter, it stops with the following
> messages. I tried the usual "noacpi noapic", but get the same result.

I install Fedora 15 as a KVM guest many times.  Please try using
something newer than F15-Alpha.  Also, your timing is good.  The Fedora
Virt team is hosting a test day going on right now.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-04-14_Virtualization

Come join #fedora-test-day at your convenience, and record any bugs you
are having on the wiki.

Thanks!
James