F15 on KVM/libvirt

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Thu Apr 14 20:27:43 UTC 2011

On 04/14/2011 12:57 PM, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> On 11-04-14 11:36 AM, Pekka Pietikainen wrote:
>> I bet you didn't adjust the amount of memory you're giving the VM from the
>> default :P As I just noticed, with 512MB it quickly dies from running out of
>> memory while decompressing the initramfs.  Apparently it's a known issue.
> Bingo. I put 600MiB and it is now installing...
>

> Thanks!

Just for this reason, our automated scripts for installing VMs call
virt-install with 1GB RAM and 1 CPU and then use a non-interactive virsh
edit to set the desired values before the first boot after install.

Here is how it can be done, if you are interested:

This example resets from 1GB used during the install, to whatever was
passed to the script as $ram.

echo -e "g/mory>1048576/s//mory>${ram}/\nw\nq\n" | env EDITOR=ed virsh
edit $name

Good Luck!