Correct Mounting Behavior with F15

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 00:30:52 UTC 2011

I just noticed this on a fresh install of F15 from the Beta RC2 media and I'm not sure if there is a problem.

I have separate LVs for home and root, and it looks like they're both mounted multiple times:

/dev/mapper/vg_testlap-lv_root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/vg_testlap-lv_home on /home type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/vg_testlap-lv_root on /tmp type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/vg_testlap-lv_root on /var/tmp type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/vg_testlap-lv_home on /home type ext4 (rw,relatime,seclabel,barrier=1,data=ordered)

Is this expected behavior? It just seems odd to me that the home LV is mounted at /home twice. AFAICT, the system is working fine, though.

Tim