rawhide package lag

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:55:27 UTC 2011

On 04/15/2011 05:41 PM, Andre Robatino wrote
> Seems like it's pointless to have No Frozen Rawhide when it's usually behind
> Branched anyway. Is AutoQA expected to eventually prevent builds happening
> later on Rawhide? Or is it impractical to be that strict? (I seem to remember
> someone saying something to that effect.)

That's not the job of AutoQA and yes there are dozens of reasons why
some package would fail to build on Rawhide and why your priority might
be to fix bugs in Fedora 15 branch.  If I try to build something on
rawhide and it fails when we are close to a beta or general release of
Fedora, I would probably ignore that for the moment and look at the bugs
in Fedora 15 instead.

Rahul