F15 blocker? lvm-monitor of snapshot hangs at reboot/shutdown

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Mon Apr 18 20:15:37 UTC 2011

On 04/18/2011 03:03 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 14:41 -0400, James Laska wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>
> well, my point is you're smooshing two things together: can the desktop
> trigger a reboot, and does rebooting work. It may be better to have them
> separate - have a separate criterion which covers shutdown / reboot case
> process.

What I was trying to get at in my basic msg was the interaction of
systemd with the rest of the processes that make up a running system.
The reboot hang merely pointed to the problem.  I was wondering about
some kind of systemd effectiveness starting/stopping services,
processes, file creations, etc, that could be put in a standard set of
test cases.

I guess booting and rebooting without noticeable hangs could be a very
subjective test case for looking for root causes.  Problem is, for
example, during bootup if someone has a lot of mounts in fstab (like I
do), then booting takes a pause during that time.  Some might consider
that a problem when it is just the system getting everything mounted and
checked.

--
Regards,
OldFart