nvidia/nouveau problems

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Wed Apr 20 18:31:38 UTC 2011

On 04/20/2011 10:33 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Nothing you can do at the OS level is going to force the BIOS to present
> the Intel adapter rather than the NVIDIA one, I don't think. What does
> lspci show - both the NVIDIA and the Intel adapter, or just the Intel
> one?

lspic show:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0df4 (rev a1)

It is shown - both before and after I do the test_off as described in:
http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/2010/07/using-acpicall-module-to-switch-onoff.html

On 04/20/2011 10:00 AM, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> Chips higher than the 2620M do not have Intel graphics (Ironlake) and so they must have
> discreet video from either NVidia or ATI.

Are you sure?  I thought the whole point of Optimus was to be able to switch
between integrated and discrete graphics - so there must be some Intel
graphics.
The card that came with my laptop calls this "Intel Integrated GPU".
--
	--Per Bothner