nvidia/nouveau problem

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Apr 21 05:47:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:23:27PM -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> I think I have a simple work-around: Just remove nouvaeu.ko from
> /lib/modules/....  Seems to work great: No weird errors or
> slowness booting.

Quite possibly you may achieve the same effect by addind a file
/etc/modprobe.d/nouvaeu.conf with

   blacklist nouvaeu

in it (unless this module is loaded behind a modprobe back).
Possibly you need to rebuild initramfs after such change.

> I'm not sure yet how robust it is.  (Besides having to remove nouvaeu.ko
> each time the kernel is updated.)

If it works then you do not have to remove/rename anything.

   Michal