Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Apr 22 04:03:20 UTC 2011

On 04/22/2011 07:29 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> You could try just learning a bit about it before writing it off
> forever.

Sound advice.  The discussions going on seem a lot like the ones going
on when KDE 4 started to arrive.  The paradigm has changed (radically?)
and it takes some time to adjust...if one is willing.

I'm not a GNOME user.  But, I did try it for a few minutes today.  (Will
try again when I have more time.)  But, I did find one thing that seems
annoying...unless there is a trick.

Pardon if I get the nomenclature incorrect.....

When you mouse-over "Activities" in the upper left your get a selection
of "Windows" and "Applications".  The available "Windows" are shown over
on the right side.  It seems, that if you want to pick a window you have
to move your mouse first all the way to the left...then all the way to
the right.  Too much mouse movement for me.  Is there a way to bring up
the Windows selection with a key-combo or another less motion intensive
method?