Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 15:57:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:54:03 +0100
mike cloaked wrote:

> > You could try just learning a bit about it before writing it off
> > forever.
>
> I think Gnome3 has the potential to work very well but it is new and
> it is a learning curve.

But for months now they've been telling us this new design was
made for new users who don't want to learn about computers and
just want a desktop that works.

Does this model of the "typical user" the devs seem to imagine
exists come with a deep desire to research everything on google in
order to be able to use the desktop?

There was one improvement after getting updates though: At least
I could find the applications menu again. I guess the "only show it
once" behavior was a bug that was fixed in the updates. The icons
are still all blown up about 100 times larger than they were
designed for so they all mostly just look like amorphous blobs
of random color unless you scoot back a few feet from the screen.