Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Sat Apr 23 04:33:30 UTC 2011

> It's only people who are coming from an existing desktop

This happens to be most users, whether GNOME 2, Windows, or OS X. There
is *one* way computers work for most people, and it involves panels in
certain locations that work in certain ways.

It's off-topic for this list, so I'll leave it at that. But assuming
everyone is going to re-learn how to use their computing experience is
something that deeply concerns me. Like most people, I don't have time
to do that (and I tried GNOME 3 for several weeks before giving up), so
I switched to XFCE. There will be a trend there, because people don't
have the time to be told how to use their computer again.

Jon.