Give Gnome 3 a chance!

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 03:00:37 UTC 2011

--- On Sun, 4/24/11, ergodic <gmml at embarqmail.com> wrote:

From: ergodic <gmml at embarqmail.com>
Subject: Give Gnome 3 a chance!
To: test at lists.fedoraproject.org
Date: Sunday, April 24, 2011, 4:49 PM

Give Gnome 3 a chance!
My first impression of Gnome 3 was awful.  I came close to remove Fedora 15α on account of Gnome 3.
However, I continued testing and gaining familiarity with the new program.
Today, after almost two months using Gnome3 I find it quite nice.  As a matter of fact, when I switch to Fedora 14(Gnome2) I miss many of the new Gnome features.  True I also miss some of the Gnome 2 also.
Keep trying you may get to like it. Give Gnome 3 a chance!

--

Don't worry!

It is here to stay!  People can jump, walk, run, swim, etc.  Fedora will move forward with Gnome 3.  People that don't like it can use KDE 4.6.X, XFCE, LXDE, ____, <insert name of DE here>.

I have a fully updated Fedora 14 machine running Gnome, and I am thinking heavily to move it to Gnome 3 and into Fedora 15 Beta :)  I miss some of my old friends, but they don't visit me and I don't visit them.  I miss some nice girls, but it is time to meet other new girls :)

Regards,

Antonio