Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 21:23:56 UTC 2011

Ian Pilcher (arequipeno at gmail.com) said:
> On 04/25/2011 11:19 AM, drago01 wrote:
> > "If I'd asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster
> > horse.” – Henry Ford
>
> But Henry Ford didn't eliminate animal powered transportation by fiat.
> The "people" ultimately decided that they preferred motorized transport.
>
> GNOME users are not being given that choice.

http://git.gnome.org/
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

The beautiful thing about open source is that you always have that choice.
Sure, you may not like the amount of effort that may be involved (on a
scale that goes from switching your local desktop, all the way up to forking
your own copy of GNOME 2.30 and taking it in whatever direction you feel
like), but it doesn't mean you don't have that choice.

Bill