Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Apr 25 22:45:01 UTC 2011

On 04/26/2011 06:06 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:

>    Perhaps there are different issues being discussed here - if so we
> should be more clear in separating them:
>
>   (i) gnome-3
>
>         + Pros and Cons ..
>         + how can we make it better ...
>
>      The above implies its gnome not fedora making design
>           choices so that means there is also below:

The *same* as it has been for a long time.....

http://www.gnome.org/get-involved/

The question really is....

Why didn't the folks making all the noise "get involved" earlier?

>   (ii) Fedora DE -
>
>        + What should the default DE going forward
>        + If changing - then is it F16 or F17 ?
>        + etc

I use KDE.  I've been using KDE for years.  I managed the move to KDE 4.

And I'm *happy* that GNOME is the default going forward....as long as it
is possible to install and switch to KDE.