Well, I have tried systemd now ...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 19:19:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 12:18 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 03:56:26PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > systemd comes with extensive documentation and your typical response to
> > all changes isn't applicable here.  If you are going to claim lack of
> > documentation, can you be more specific?
> >
> > http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd
>
> That includes links to such "perls of wisdom" as
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken
> which in effect says: "I broke it and I totally do not care. Anyway,
> this is all your fault as you are stupid enough to run a system
> laid out not the way I like it."  Why I am not surprised?

Um. It seems like you failed to read the five points at the bottom. None
of this is specific to systemd, and none of it has changed recently.
Systemd is just being polite enough to let you know that mounting /usr
separately is a configuration that can cause problems, regardless of
whether you're using systemd.