Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 21:15:35 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram <metherid <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 04/27/2011 01:58 AM, JB wrote:
> > I have a proposal to GNOME project and to Red Hat/Fedora as well.
> >
> > Let's take the best from GNOME 2, its GUI, and put it on top of GNOME 3
> > infrastructure (without GNOME 3 Shell).
> > They can release the new product as GNOME 3 Classic.
>
> Proposals are not very useful unless there are people willing to put in
> the effort.  Apparently noone is. .  Use GNOME Shell for a while and if
> you don't like it and can't live with fallback mode,  try out other
> desktop environments.   That's a far more practical decision than trying
> to revive a EOL'ed desktop version.
>
> Rahul

I do not know why but I have a feeling that you want to see the best of GNOME 2
killed. Why ?
I do not want to sound like a conspiracy buff, but perhaps some interests have
a different agenda than the one in public light ...

Let GNOME Foundation and other parties consider the proposed scenario first.

JB