Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:08:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:18:15 -0700, you wrote:

>On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 19:07 -0400, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
>
>> HP has announced that webOS will be running on everything:
>> http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/hp-webos-also-coming-to-notebooks-and-desktop-computers.ars
>
>This seems to be some kind of environment within Windows rather than a
>replacement for it, though, from what anyone can gather.

I'm sure it is, because HP won't want to enter the driver nightmare
trying to support it on current PCs, and of course HP might even never
ship it.

The point however is that HP, like others, is thinking we are moving
to a new world of computing where the "phone" operating sytems rule
for everything except some specialized exceptions, even if no one is
quite sure how to get there yet.