Cannot login to F15 without nomodeset

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:51:23 UTC 2011

On 27 April 2011 17:52, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
> You could try with permissive mode, by adding enforcing=0 to the kernel
> boot line in grub, to see if this is an SELinux problem.  A new SELinux
> policy package has been released in Koji with some more fixes.

I removed nomodeset and added enforcing=0. Now the machine boots up
and the keyboard is active and I can key in. However, the mouse
pointer image is stuck on the right-hand corner of the screen, I can
see the buttons glow as I move the mouse, but the pointer is still
shown on the right corner.  (Replying with the help of keyboard
shortcuts)

I'm confused about the *nomodeset* and *selinux* relation. Can you
please guide me in right direction?

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com