laptop can not shutdown, just hangs

Brian Millett bmillett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:00:37 UTC 2011

How do I debug shutdown failures?  It used to be easier (please no
systemd flames) tracing each process stopping, but I have not yet
grokked how to trace a shutdown to determine which process is hanging.

How do I debug it?

Thanks.
--
Brian Millett -
[ Sinclair (to Captain Pierce), "A Voice in the Wilderness II"]