laptop can not shutdown, just hangs

Brian Millett bmillett at
Wed Apr 27 13:16:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 15:05 +0200, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi,
> 2011/4/27 Brian Millett <bmillett at>:
> > How do I debug shutdown failures?  It used to be easier (please no
> > systemd flames) tracing each process stopping, but I have not yet
> > grokked how to trace a shutdown to determine which process is hanging.
> >
> > How do I debug it?

So it is a bug!  And they talk about how to debug it.

Many thanks.

Brian Millett - [ Delenn, "Confessions and Lamentations"]
"What happens is that we honor the memory of those who are no longer with
 us by using what we have learned to save others. To exercise faith,
 patience, charity. To reach out to those who are afraid. If we can do
 that, then their passing will have had meaning and we will grow from it."