Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:23:04 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 08:29 PM, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:13:53 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>  Is your point that perhaps Fedora community should evaluate and
>> choose it's default DE?
> Not really, my point was more that Fedora (by default at creation)
> chose Gnome, not a specific version Gnome.  A small difference, but an
> important one.

It doesn't change the gist of the argument you are making but as a
matter of historical record,  Fedora didn't really chose GNOME actively
even at the time of creation.  Red Hat Linux chose GNOME over
Enlightenment and FVWM back during the days when Red Hat Advanced
Development Laboratories (RHAD) was created in 1998 inorder to fund
GNOME development during the time when KDE was tied to a non-free Qt.
Fedora Core 1 was basically Red Hat Linux 10 renamed.  Much of choices
are just inherited legacy.   Fedora didn't even have its own logo until
several releases later.

Rahul