Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Apr 27 21:33:52 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 05:05 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> it is unlikely to
> influence desktop environment choices for the majority of users

  speak for yourself please ... unless you have real data ..

> and if
> some other desktop environment is more suitable for such users, why not
> use that?

  This statement adds nothing to the discussion - it is merely a
defensive refusal to engage in any real discussion by attempting to
avoid any such discussion. "Go away if you don't like it" ... is not a
signal of excellence.

  And, it entirely misses the point people are making - this sometimes
repeated view that if you don't like it go use something else -
completely misses the intent of those who are trying to make Fedora
better. Sure, there's a distribution of experience and knowledge, but
the collective wisdom of the folks here is not insignificant.

  Its not just change alone that I am hearing people have issues with -
they are saying its a decrease in usability and functionality and they
are trying to discuss ways to make it (i.e. Fedora) better.

  So lets be excellent here, and keep the focus on how to make it
better. Obviously, this is the test list - and as such should be on
testing things - and a part of this discussion touches areas that may
need improvement. There are many, many good things about Fedora - but
there's always room to be even better.