Update from 20110424 caused bad udp cksum

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Fri Apr 29 02:50:55 UTC 2011

I don't know exactly how this works in Linux, but in many other OS's
(FreeBSD, etc.) this may not be a problem so long as your network traffic
(DNS, etc.) works properly.

If the driver for your network card supports transmit and/or receive
checksum offloading, Linux may not be calculating or verifying these
values.  The hardware internal to your network card will do that work
instead.

You should be able to use ethtool to toggle this behavior on and off.
Someone other than me may also be able to tell you if that behavior changed
by default for your network card between F14 and F15 given the model of the
network card and driver used.

It might also be useful if you could explain to the list the exact nature of
the problems you are having with Network Manager.