Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 16:17:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 11:21 +0200, Karel Volný wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 of April 2011 17:28:35 Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Obsessively follow? All you had to do was install Fedora 12,
> > 13 or 14 and hit the 'GNOME Shell' button in desktop-effects.
>
> so ... how do you know there is some "'GNOME Shell' button in
> desktop-effects" if you do not obsessively follow the
> development?

I believe Adam's point was that Fedora 15 isn't the first release with
GNOME shell, and that tight monitoring of upstream changelogs isn't
required to stay abreast of major desktop changes.  The shell has been
widely communicated and been referenced in Fedora release notes.

If one hasn't monitored blogs or distro news in the last few years, the
next best place would be the release notes ...
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/12/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_in_Fedora_for_Desktop_Users.html#sect-Release_Notes-Fedora_Desktop-GNOME_Shell

> you *really* sound like a Vogon ... :-/

Stop by for some poetry later, please.

Thanks,