HTTP installation attempt fails

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 1 23:35:03 UTC 2011

On 2011/08/01 18:36 (GMT-0430) Patrick O'Callaghan composed:

> On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 18:54 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>>  It started to start, got into X, then got stuck (30+ minutes so far)
>>  "Examining storage devices". I used vmlinuz&  initrd.img from
>>  20110721/i386/os/isolinux, 15 July for vmlinuz 4.1M, 21 July initrd.img 121M.
>>  Target is 1G RAM P4/ICH4/i845G PATA primary master with 31 partitions
>>  formatted variously as 0x06, 0x0B, 0x07, 0x82, 0x83, 0x0A.

>>  Anyone else see this?

> If you describe the problem in terms of package versions rather than the
> dates of specific files it might be easier to follow this. As it is, I
> can't even tell which version of Fedora you're talking about.

This is the test list, making any but 16 or Rawhide off topic, right?

No packages have been installed. That happens after proceeding past the
partitioning step, which only begins after examination of devices is
complete. How does one go about determining the involved versions of packages
not yet installed? The only one I know about was the Anaconda 16.13
announcement at initialization, which I supposed was the only available one
for devel packages.

I did not paste in the URL they came from,
alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/, thinking readers of this list would
find adequate the pasted in mirror subdir, 20770721, the newest available.
Maybe that's the problem, mixing Rawhide & 16, which problem I frequently get
into because isolinux/ is nearly always missing from the standard mirrors
where the rest of the devel version files can be found and used for HTTP
installs.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/